What is web development? ✽
What are the 3 types of web development?
- Frontend development: This type of developers focus on developing codes for the end of the website that the user interacts with and has access to, basically the page that is displayed on the “client side”.
- Backend development: This is the end that the user doesn’t have access to and it is mostly on the server end of the website.
- Full-stack development: Web developers who fall under this category usually are capable of coding for both the frontend and backend of the website , they have enough knowledge and skills to manage both ends.
Fun fact: According to U.S. News, web developer is the 8th-best tech career to have
What are the available careers for web developers?
- Web design: Designers usually have a simple coding background and focus mainly on the creative aspect to design the overall website layout. They are required to create attractive website mockups to attract and retain customers.
- Web developer: Developers write the coding to bring life to the website, they could either do frontend, backend, or full-stack developments for the website.
- Content creator: Mainly content creators focus on developing content for the website by creating blog posts, or other content like videos and images. They could have very simple HTML knowledge as well as Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
- Webmaster: A webmaster is a person that oversees all the previous positions, he usually checks with the sales and marketing team to make sure that the website is providing the needed content, design, and functionality to attract and retain customers. They need to be knowledgeable in coding, design, marketing, and sales.
Fun fact: There are currently over 1.86 billion websites online.
3 reasons why to develop a website?
- Efficient communication: Having a website allows for easier communication between the business and the customer. Providing information, allowing customer to shop the products/services , receive feedback, and create blog posts.
- Build trust: Having a well-designed website allows customers to gain trust in the business and stay longer on the website which makes them more likely to be retained as high quality leads. Make sure that the design is good, and the content is attractive to avoid seeming shady.
- Increase convergence: Publishing good content on the website and sharing it on social media sites with direct links to the website allows more customers to visit the website and surf through the content and therefore becoming more likely to purchase from your brand.
Fun fact: 88% of online consumers are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience
History of website development
The first website every created on the World Wide Web was called CERN and it was designed by Tim Berners-Lee for a European nuclear research organization in the Swiss research center for the purpose of sharing information with researchers. But Tim Berners-Lee also created HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) which is used for coding websites, and he also found the World Wide Web Consortium which is still actively overseeing the developments of web standards today.
Fun fact: 77% of agencies believe that a bad website User Experience is a weakness for their clients
What is Entasher.com’s role?
Entasher.com has over 150 Digital marketing agencies that provide Website development services to their clients. The agencies provide high quality services with excellent results for their clients. To view the agencies that provide web development service on entasher.com please visit: https://entasher.com/s/web-development-companies
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s)
What is the average cost of developing a website?
In Egypt the average cost of developing a standard corporate and single language website could vary between 20,000 EGP to 140,000 EGP depending on the features and the service provider.
What are the top programming languages for web development?
There are many programming languages for web development but the top five include:
Web development is a process that involves building, creating and maintaining websites. Web developers use a variety of coding languages depending on what they want to do with the website. Developers mainly focus on the functionality of the website and making sure that users surf through the website with ease.
The process of web development involves the website design, website publishing, website programming, and database management. it is a highly paid job that does not need formal college degree to practice. Web development is also a highly sought after job worldwide.
Fun fact: It just takes 0.9 seconds for the users to form an opinion about the website.